It is worth mentioning that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation manages directly the entirety of this cooperation framework. DIDH works closely with the Ministry on the following programs.
The Council of Europe (CoE)
DIDH, as an interministerial coordination mechanism works closely with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation on the following programs :
1. South Program II: “Partnership 2015-2017”
DIDH is identified as a partner in the action plan “2015-2017 Partnership. Established based on the priorities determined by the kingdom of Morocco (2011-2014), The plan has three major axes: human rights, democracy and therule of law.
- To promote women’s rights and participation in public and political life, particularly in decision-making spheres
- Promoting children’s rights and protecting children against violence
Rule of law:
- Develop the rule of law in Morocco by developing a stable and democratic legal framework and practices, with due account for European and international standards;
- Enhance national capacities to combat cybercrimes and trafficking in human beings .A training on “Prevention of Human Trafficking in the Light of the CoE’s Convention and International Standards” was organized by DIDH in partnership with the CoE on November 26-27th 2014 in Marrakech. The training was an opportunity to raise awareness among different national stakeholders. In the perspective of an eventual adherence of Morocco to the European instruments on human rights, a compilation of Arabic translatedCoE’s conventions was published and presented during a seminar.
- Support the Moroccan government on setting up the public youth policy trough the assessment and the organization of activities targeting young leaders and strengthening their democratic and citizenship participation.
The European Union
DIDH as a government entity responsible for the development and implementation of government policy in the field of human rights, in coordination with the ministerial departments and bodies concerned, works with various entities of the European Union :
2. The subcommittee on “Human Rights, Democracy and Governance”
Since its creation, DIDH has been leading the subcommittee on “Human Rights, Democratization and Governance” which is created in the framework of the Association's Agreement. The subcommittee which works under the authority of the Association committee, provides an institutional framework suitable for the implementation and reinforcement of cooperation in terms of human rights.
The regular meetings of the subcommittee on “Human Rights, Democracy and Governance”allow a continuous dialogue and informationexchange and reflect the mutual trust between parties.
Up until today, this subcommittee has alternately held nine sessions in Rabat and Brussels (the last session was held on October 26, 27th 2015 in Rabat).
The subcommittee examines the implementation of the Association Agreement on relevanthuman rightsissues, democratization, and governance,included in the action plan of the European Neighborhood Policy with Morocco. It evaluates the progress of the implementation and application of legislations and public administration cooperation progress.
The subcommittee evaluates theprogress mentioned above and examines all related issues.It suggests different measures to adopt, as:
- Rule of law, good governance and democracy, including in particular, the independence of justice, access to justice and it’s modernization;
- Pursuit of ratification and implementation of the principal international conventions on human rights and fundamental liberties as well as its related protocols.
- Reinforcement of national administrative and institutional capacities.
3. Mobility Partnership (MIEUX)
Following the signature of the joint declaration on a Mobility Partnership between Morocco and the EU, a cooperation project on the prevention of human trafficking has been launched within the MIEUX instrument.
Morocco has received two European experts in charge of the assessment of Moroccan’s prevention mechanismsof human trafficking both at the institutional and legal levels.A report that shades the light on the weaknesses and identified the supports needed on this issue,concluded this visit
DIDH has also organized a conference in partnership with MIEUX on the prevention of human trafficking. This event allowed DIDH to fulfill its role in the promotion and protection of human rights in cooperation with different concerned departments such as national institutions and civil society organizations.
Similarly, a study visit to France was an occasion to get informed about the institutional framework namely the Group of Experts on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings(GRETA) which was useful for the DIDH to carry out national dialogueand contribute to the development of a legal and institutional framework on human trafficking.
4. Institutional twinning
The project entitled “Reinforcing Organizational and Technical Capacities of the Interministerial Department for Human Rights (DIDH)” is an institutional twinning project between the European Union and the Kingdom of Morocco. It aims at promoting respect of Human Rights and consolidating Democracy in Morocco through both capacity building and institutional enhancement of its prerogatives.
The program, falls within the second article of the association agreement signed between Morocco and the European Union, which states that "respect for democratic principles and fundamental human rights as laid down in the Universal Declaration on Human Rights, as well as for the principles of the rule of law underpins the internal and international policies of the Community and South Africa and constitutes an essential element of this Agreement".
The 24-month program aims at strengthening dialogue, cooperation and interaction of Morocco with the European institutions in the field of Human Rights.
His Majesty King Mohammed VI Appoints Mr.Ahmed Chaouki Benayoub as the Interministerial Delegate for Human Rights
Statement by Royal Office
Rabat, 06/12/2018 (MAP) – Here follows a statement by the royal Office:
"HM King Mohammed VI received on Thursday, December 6, 2018, at the Royal Palace in Rabat,...
The Ministry of Culture and Communication: The Classification of Morocco by Freedom House Organization is Unobjective
The Ministry of Culture and Communication issued a press release about Freedom House organization 2018 report entitled “Freedom on the Net”. The Ministry indicates that the report disregards...
Kickoff of Idmaj: First Radio in the Arabo-Mediteranean Sphere
The General Delegation for Prison Administration and Reintegration (DGAPR) launched on Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 Idmaj Radio, broadcasting temporarily within the Local Prison Ain Sbaa 1.