Follow up of the United Nations’ recommendations
Morocco receives recommendations from different UN Human rights mechanisms (treaty bodies, special procedures or Universal Periodic Review) reflecting the standpoint of the United Nations’ experts on the effective implementation of the commitments of the Kingdom.
Follow up of the said recommendations represent an opportunity for various stakeholders, primarily ministerial departments, to reinforce their judicial and institutional framework and establish or adjust their strategies in order to promote and protect human rights.
DIDH, as an interministerial body of coordination, implementation, follow up and evaluation of public policies is in charge of :
- Elaborating, in collaboration with other parties, reports to be submitted to treaty bodies and coordinating the process of their examination with the concerned conventional committees;
- Ensuring the follow up of the implementation of the recommendations issued by the three United Nations’ mechanisms, by all the parties especiallyministerial departments and national institutions ;
- Accompanying and supporting ministerial departments and national institutions in the integration of human rights in their respective strategies and policies, in compliance with international commitments.
In this framework, DIDH has proceeded in collaboration with its partners to implement the first national information system devoted to the follow up of the United Nations’ recommendations.
To ensure efficiency of this system, It has also proceeded to identify focal points in governmental departments, national institutions, and all the other parties concerned by the implementation of the said recommendations. This system will permit the acheivement of the following goals:
- To facilitate and improve human rights reporting practices;
- To support the integration of human rights in public policies ;
- To ensure a large dissemination of Morocco’s commitments to human rights.
Mr. Ramid: There Must Be Cooperation between Society and the Institutions to Combat Violence against Women
The Minister of State for Human Rights, Mr. El Mustapha Ramid, has called, in a press interview hosted by the web Channel “Horizon TV” in the program Fi Samim (to the point), upon Moroccan...
Supporting NGOs’ Projects to Accompany the Process of the Implementation of the National Action Plan for Democracy and Human Rights (PANDDH)
The Ministry of State for Human Rights signed on Wednesday, July 18th 2018, at the Interministerial Department for Human Rights, 31 partnership agreements with civil society associations.
Public Authorities: About the Press Release Issued by Human Rights Watch Concerning Jerada Events
Public authorities have issued a press release about Jerada presenting a number of clarifications and recalling the events’ context, the government’s dialogue endeavors and the initiatives...